Tuesday, May 28, 2013

express overload

Aaron and I finally closed on our house this past week! It has been such a long process, but we are estatic that it is finally officially ours <3
I will post pictures soon, I need to get some nice shots of the inside.

Since all of our time and energy (and $$) has gone into the house the past few months, I haven't really been shopping or bought myself anything in what feels like ages! So, this weekend I was on a mission to check out a warehouse I had heard about through a friend. She told me about it ages ago... it sounded too good to be true... I have been meaning to go, and finally got the chance.

Now, this may not be everyones cup of tea, but I absolutely LOVE places like this. It is a giant "warehouse", kind of in the middle of nowhere, that is very basic/bare-bones inside...clothing racks for days, and makeshift changing rooms in the back. It reminds me of sample sale shopping :)

Basically, it houses all the overstock and "damaged" items from the Limited Corporation (ie Express, Victorias Secret, Limited, etc).

I love bargain shopping, so this place was a home run for me! There was so much, that it was almost overwhelming! They had tops, bras, swimwear, sleepwear, work attire, sweaters, purses, jewelry, shoes, dresses...

I even went back on Sunday, taking Aaron this time, since they had Express Men's items too. He ended up with two pairs of jeans.

Here are some shots of the items I ended up with...

Couple of mint colored sweaters - one slouchy/off-the-shoulder and one more fitted.


Two chiffon dress shirts for work - bright coral and royal blue. I need some bright colors in my work wardrobe for summer! Plus these are super lightweight which is great for the warm weather.


One-shoulder chiffon dress is coral pink and a long, light weight cardigan in the same color. Can you tell I love this color for summer? ;)

**Not pictured - VS bra, white Express button up dress shirt, 2 pairs Express men's jeans, and 3 pairs of Express Editor work pants. I also got the slouchy sweater (mint- first picture) in beige too!

For the 14 items we bought, we walked away under $200 - which is pretty amazing considering the items were originally tagged to total over $650!
I can't wait to go back in a couple weeks and check out what they have!

Holliter scent - Malalia
Gilly Hicks scent - Point Piper
We also spent some time with our close friends on Thursday, who were so sweet to give me a couple Hollister/Gilly Hicks roller ball perfumes. I haven't been to Hollister in years (I used to shop there in my high school years) but I have to say, the perfume is really nice and fresh! It's perfect to throw in my purse for summer :)

xx em

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your comments and try my best to get back to each and every one ♥