Wednesday, June 19, 2013

father's day weekend

Aaron had to go out of town to Dallas for work on Saturday :( but my parents came up from Newport and spent the weekend with me...which was really great because it meant I got to spend Father's Day with my Dad <3 <3 <3

Here are some pictures I snapped over the weekend...


Wearing my new Tom Ford Sunglass (anniversary gift from Aaron)...they are perfect! He does such an amazing job picking out things for me ;)

The next few shots are from the Columbus Museum of Art. We went on Sunday as it is something my Dad really enjoys and I had never been (despite the fact that it is 5 mins from my house). Bonus: it is actually free admission on Sundays!

I took pictures of some of my favorite pieces while we were there.


Amazing Chihuly glass sculpture was displayed in the atrium. I am so fascinated by these! They are blown glass and are one-piece. Can't even begin to think how that is possible.


They did have quite a few pieces by very well known artisits, such as Picasso, Monet, and this little dancer by Degas. Not my favorite thing he has ever done, but since I am a classically trained dancer, I have always felt drawn to his pieces of ballerinas.


My favorite piece all day was in a room with 3D type images and structures made from interesting textures and materials. First of all, I love it because it is my favorite color...white ;) But how amazing is this...it is made from hundreds of layers of paper with the designs cut out of them. I was in awe!



My mom and I also went shopping while they were in town (Dad didn't come with- no surprise there!) I took her to the discount outlet I posted about a couple weeks back, I was SO excited to share it with someone! Needless to say, she loved it :) and we are already talking about when we can go again (this time with my sister too).

I got a gorgeous sleeveless black blouse (Express) which is perfect for work, but also looks awesome with jeans and a pair of black stilettos!



Then, I got a couple t-shirts. I am not the kind of person that can wear a basic t-shirt...in fact, I kind of hate them. (Along with sneakers- which should only ever be worn when exercising) haha

I am a very feminine person and for some reason, I just can't stand a boring t-shirt unless I'm at the gym. And even then I don't like them that much.

These are more "my type" of t-shirt...both Express.
Slouchy coral pink and V-neck nautical style with adorable button detail on the sleeves.




I also picked up a new VS bra, a basic white Express tank, and two pairs of workout pants!
All for $66.00 -- I'm in love with this place.

Hope you all had a wonderful Father's Day weekend and got to spend some time with your families!
xx em

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your comments and try my best to get back to each and every one ♥