Monday, June 16, 2014

Master Bath Inspiration

Quick side note: I realized this is my 101st post - which means I didn't even realize last week's Friday Favorites was my 100th post on Beauty Blether! I just wanted to say thank you so so much to all the wonderful ladies and friends that read and follow along - I am so lucky to have "met" you all and reading your lovely comments is honestly one of the best parts of my day <3

So, I've mentioned a few times before that Aaron and I live in an old (1890's to be exact) Victorian house that's been remodeled. The third floor is a master bedroom with en-suite bathroom - except the bathroom is currently unfinished.  Now, we don't have to start from scratch, because the previous owner already roughed it in (plumbing, electrical, etc)...we just need to add floors, walls, tile, toilet, sink, and fixtures. There isn't an area for a tub, just a large open shower.

I've been trolling the internet for some inspiration since I am bad a describing what I want when it comes to interior decorating...it's just easier for me to find pictures and work off of them :)

I love white (shocking) and wood, with slate gray and possibly some bamboo...it's hard to describe, I just tell Aaron I want it to look very fresh, clean, modern and have a "spa-like" vibe. Makes sense right?






When we get around to working on this project, it will be tricky - just because their is a double vaulted ceiling. Think upside down V...so it's lucky that I am so short! Aaron doesn't have much head room until you get to the back of the bathroom and the shower opens up since it's in a dormer-like area. But I am excited we get to start from scratch and really make this bathroom exactly what we want / need. 

What are your recommendations? I've already told him I want built in storage for all my "crap" aka hair dryer, curling iron, etc. And I really need a sink with a bit of counter space for make up when I'm getting ready in the morning. An added bonus would be one of those light-up makeup mirrors :) What are the must haves in your bathrooms??

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 100th and 101st posts!! I love the modern look of the last one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to 100! Double sinks and lots of cabinets/drawers are a must. I hate sharing a sink and seeing the toothpaste Trey spits and doesn't rinse haha. TMI? Can't wait to see what you all come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for 100th (and 101st) post!!! :) I'm glad to have found your beautiful page along the way as well! I really love all of these inspirations and I I really hope you post lots of pictures of this project because I'm certain it will be amazing!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your comments and try my best to get back to each and every one ♥