Wednesday, May 20, 2015

cruelty free series: cosmetics // eyes

Happy Wednesday! Half way to the weekend ;)

Continuing on with my blog series on cruelty free products - here are some great cosmetics for your eyes - including products I currently love and products that I want to try in replacement of the brands that I will no longer buy...


Eye Shadow - Urban Decay (I love the Naked palettes) and Bare Minerals (the loose pigments are my favorite!)

Liquid Liner - Physician's Formula makes an awesome eye liner marker that has lash boosting serum included in it

Brows - after years of dedicated use of Rimmel's brown pencil, I am disappointed to learn they test on animals in foreign countries...but I have heard amazing things about Anastasia brow products, so I'll be picking up one of her pencils next time I'm at Ulta!

Base / Primer - Urban Decay is always a good choice, but if you are looking for a more cost-effective option, NYX makes a great jumbo pencil that acts as a great eyeshadow base. I use the white "Milk" color every day

Eyeliner - I've used Prestige Total Intensity for probably 5+ years now and I'm happy to find out they are a cruelty free brand! You can pick this jet black liner up at Ulta and many drug stores...it comes in a variety of colors and has great pigmentation and staying power!


The biggest bummer in this transition was finding out my beloved L'oreal mascaras were not cruelty free. I had finally found my favorite combo - but oh well, not worth it! The hunt begins for a great new cruelty free mascara.

I've done some searching online, and here are some options I will be trying over the next few months - all with good reviews from those who have used them...

Tarte - Lights, Camera, Lashes
Physician's Formula - Organic Wear (lash boosting)
NYX - Doll Eye Long Lash
Younique - 3D Fiber Lashes 


Finally, here are some great eye brushes that are cruelty free - ranging from affordable to higher end.

Ecotools - Essential Eye Set, found at Target, Ulta, and many drugstores
Sonia Kashuk - found at Target
Real Techniques - Eyes/Enhanced Starter Set, found online or at Ulta 
Too Faced - found at Sephora and Ulta
Urban Decay - found at Sephora and Ulta

Remember to look for the following logos to identify cruelty free products...and do your research online and with the Leaping Bunny app!

3 comments:

  1. Again - very thankful I don't have to give up my beloved UD palettes!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no L'oreal mascaras!!!! why???? ugh that sucks. gosh darn it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Naked palette!

    Her Heartland Soul
    http://herheartlandsoul.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your comments and try my best to get back to each and every one ♥