Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Makeup Geek // Manny MUA Palette

cruelty free makeup

I recently picked up the Manny MUA Palette from Makeup Geek and I had to share it with you guys because I am SO impressed. It is my first experience with the Makeup Geek line, which is a cruelty-free online company started by Marlena, who has an awesome Youtube channel you can find here

I heard about MG through the vegan/cruelty free makeup community and loved the look of her products, especially the eye shadows. I really like that you can buy individual pans and make your own palettes. For my first purchase though, I decided on the Manny MUA palette because it had some amazing looking shadows that I really wanted to try out. 



Makeup Geek

First off, the packaging is on point. It comes in a beautiful box, and then the actual products are in a high quality palette with a gorgeous foil designed front. The palette is $45.00 for 9 generously-sized shadows (bargain!) that range from light to dark and come with a mixture of matte and shimmer. 

Makeup Geek cosmetics

Makeup Geek

One thing I love about this palette is that it can be used to create so many different looks. The lighter and medium shades can be used for natural every-day looks, the darker shades are awesome for a smoky eye, and the bold colors can be used creatively for playing around with unique looks. 

As for the shadow quality - I am very pleased. They are buttery and very easy to work with and blend. There was a bit of fall out from Insomnia - the {amazing} bottom left shade, but nothing that couldn't be cleaned up with a bit of concealer.


Manny MUA palette

I wanted to include some quick swatches of all the shades, since whenever I read a cosmetic product review - that is one thing I always look for! I quickly swatched each row on my fingers and you can immediately see how awesome the color payoff is. 


Artemis / Beaches and Cream / Luna


Cruelty free makeup

Cosmopolitan / Sora / Frappe


Cruelty Free makeup

Insomnia / Mars / Aphrodite 


Cruelty free makeup

I hope to be able to share a post on some of the looks I create using this palette soon! And I can't wait to try out more of Makeup Geek's products and shadows now. 

Have you ever purchased from this brand? What products do you love? xx 

3 comments:

  1. That cranberry color is everything!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is so pretty! It's such a good variety of colors & I love how pigmented and creamy even the matte shadows look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the introduction! The pigment payoffs is very impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your comments and try my best to get back to each and every one ♥